Monday, March 9, 2009

On Mystic Lake


Okay, I really don't think that I'm in a position to give a bad review. I mean, who am I to judge the work of someone that made it to a point to publish a book? That being said, I can only give an opinion of why a book may not work for me. On Mystic Lake is one of those books. I really loved the story. During the part of the book where the main character, Annie, is taking care of Izzy, the daughter of Annie's two best high school friends, Kathy and Nick, after Kathy's death, I couldn't put the book down. But for me, dialogue is EVERYTHING, and the dialogue in this book was...unnatural. These characters used dialogue that was overdramatic and to me....it just didn't work. On the positive side, I enjoyed the scenery descriptions and as I said, the storyline. I'm going to give this author another chance as I begin my March book club selection, True Colors, also by Kristin Hannah. (2.5/5.0)

No comments:

Post a Comment