Monday, February 9, 2009

This Lullaby

My friend and I were discussing this story and she made the comment that it was hard to picture Remy, the main character, as an 18 year old because of her experiences. I had the opposite thought, that I felt that it was an excellent portrayal of a coming of age young adult, because of her experiences. Because of her experiences with her mother and father, she’s very cynical about love and relationships and determined to keep control of her heart, not willing to take any risks. At one point in the story, I really felt the pain that she’s worked so hard to keep out. She went to the edge of risk and turned back. I have to say that I loved Remy and thought that Sarah Dessen did an excellent job with the dialogue. If you like the Young Adult genre, you’ll love this book. (4.0/5.0).

1 comment: